Monday, August 2, 2010

First day on the jorb

What a day, what a day.

I woke up at 4:30 AM, rode to work with my dad at 6:00AM, and got to work at 7:00AM.
So 2 and a half hours spent in my day and I'm not even working yet.

I get to work, speak with my manager person, and then meet my supervisor.
He's supposed to set me up with my time card and then take me to where I'm supposed to be or whatever, but because today was the start of someone else who is new and a lot of other things, we forgot to do the time card and all this other nonsense.
So I meet my coworkers, and they all seem pretty cool.
Abadu , not sure how to spell it, but he's from Africa and can be quite funny.
Rosa is from the Dominican Republic and is very nice, fun to be around.
Herman is from the Philippines and can also be pretty funny.
Problem is because they're all from different areas, it can be very hard to understand them, which can be awkward. But they're all really nice so I'll take minor awkwardness over jerks any day.

We were working in a building where we had to wash windows and bathrooms while they were finishing the building, so everything is awkward and unorganized, and kind of a pain in the ass because we didn't have all the materials we needed so we had to share some.

So finally work gets out, and we awkwardly get into people's cars because most of us don't have our own, and we drive to go do our time cards. I don't have one though, so I have to call up my supervisor and be like WAT DOES I DO AND WHERE DOES I GO IN DA MORNIN TOMORROW?!
All confused like. So my. .  underboss, girl who works under the supervisor but over us, helped me get my time card set up, and told me to meet there tomorrow, and then I'll actually be trained in the morning.
So. . yeah.
That was my official work day for this week.
But then I also had to stay with my father until 3:30PM, drive to a side job, work there until 6:30, get home, eat, shower, and now its about 7:50PM, and my entire day is taken up because I need to go to bed soon.

Going to be a hell of a new life to get used to.

1 comment:

  1. D:

    Well, at least it doesn't seem horrible. Your co-workers are decent, at least for now.

    Too bad it isn't closer to here. ):

    Oh, this is Paul, by the way.

    ReplyDelete